Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: illegal

"My wife immigrated here from Colombia, she has always had to pay taxes, so I don't know where you get that idea from." - Good for you and your wife, hopefully she is a legal immigrant, not an illegal alien. There is a difference. If she is here as a legal citizen, none of the post even is applicable to her situation.

"My wife or I have always had to pay for her health insurance, so your mistaken that immigrating here somehow gets you more free health care than someone born here. Sure there may be illegals who come here, walk into a hopsital have a baby or operation then skip out on paying the bill, but there are people who were born here who do that everyday as well." - Very true, but illegals take advantage of it also. Again, there is a difference between legal immigrants and illegal aliens, obviously the legal immigrants that are here not the ones we are speaking of, rather it applies to those who are abusing the systems available in this country, because our government lets them. YES, that ticks me off.

"My wife sends money back to COlombia so her daughter can go to college and get a decent education not so here whole family can come over here. " Again, legal immigrant versus illegal. Hopefully, your wife's daughter will get a good education, and hopefully if it's in the US, she will be here legally to do so....

"What is "mind boggling" is that you somehow feel that someone has taken something from you that you are entitled too. Or could it be that you are just upset that someone (whom you believe is an immigrant) might be getting away with something that you aren't?" -- I am not against immigration, if done legally. If services are going to illegal aliens, I have a problem with it, yes indeed. With a dwindling middle class in this country, and all the illegals being granted subsidies to buy houses, have access to food stamps, welfare, and free health care - you bet I have a problem with it, because there are legal citizens in this country who don't "qualify" for such things....I am not worried about it pertaining to me, but I sure as hell care that it pertains to the hundreds of thousands of others who should be eligible for those things, long before giving it to someone who is not even here legally, yet has the audacity to hold rallies and marches protesting that their illegal a**es should not be marched out of the country.....that they have "rights" - what RIGHTS could you have if you are here ILLEGALLY?

"If an immigrant is not paying taxes, it's not because the Government told them that immigrants don't have too. And if an immigrant is not paying a medical bill it's not because of some special Governement medical insurance that is available only to immigrants." -- ILLEGAL ALIENS are what this post is about....and if they are here illegally, the only thing they are entitled to, in my opinion, is deportation back to where they came from.

It appears you have completely missed the context of the post - ILLEGALS are what this is about....and if you feel they should have rights just because you are married to someone who is from another country, then that's your perogative. Watch CNN Lou Dobbs once inawhile, it could broaden your horizons. We are indeed "America, Land of the Free." But the "free" applies to those who bombard the country illegally...rather than to those who struggle every day to make ends meet for themselves and their families.....We need a middle class person to be in the White House oval office.....someone who really knows what the hell is going on in the real world, as obviously everyone there now is of Stepford Wife mentality, or needs a lobotomy.

Sorry for the long post.....(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #176917. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUbF
Posted in reply to: Re: illegal by uboatcmdr
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: illegal uboatcmdr 10/10/2006 4:28:00 PM
Re: illegal Techee10 10/10/2006 1:25:00 PM