Create your free account now! Sign up

awesome effin tips.........

i just did an install for a guy that has had his job cancelled twice and rescheduled 2 more times, it was a spec house in a very richy set of townhomes. 4 outlets.....prewired. took 5 hours to tone, trace, splice, get fittings on ridiculous cable, etc........would have been pissed, especially since i picked this one up 5 hours after my last job was done (got to babysit newbies today)..........

BUT, this guy was vice president of one of the biggest local distributors of test equipment i know of........gave me a $150 mapper that does 20 leads at once, plus phone, plus cat 5, plus tone and probe............got in my truck to leave he'd thrown $50 cash in my seat............then handed me the BIG catalog and told me whatever i want i could have at price and if i just wanted to come down to the warehouse and browse, that'd be fine too.......

i know they are rare, but what are some of your best customers and what are some of your best tips..........i'm not really interested in the farmer's daughter stories, because i always refuse anything leading towards that out of hand.......but just REALLY GOOD customers, the ones that turn your day around i'd like to hear about.........thank god for the few and far between subs.
This is CABL.com posting #175337. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTMb
There are 6 replies to this message
Re: awesome effin tips......... catfish16 9/12/2006 1:17:00 AM
Re: awesome effin tips......... 1putthood 9/11/2006 10:40:00 PM
Re: awesome effin tips......... Dcableservices 9/11/2006 9:33:00 PM
Re: awesome effin tips......... catfish16 9/11/2006 8:11:00 AM
Re: awesome effin tips......... IslandCableDog 9/10/2006 2:56:00 PM
Re: awesome effin tips......... cabledog 9/10/2006 7:49:00 AM