Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: forgot to paste the question........

So what your saying Trey that in all actuality the person performing the work is an employee of the service provider? Hence prime contractor is required to do background check on each sub? In essence you have charter/comcast telling a prime contractor when to show up for work, who they can hire, and what to do with their lives. LOL I have not seen a government contract that didn't contradict everything you are stating. Go become a sub for the dept of defense and tell me that its your right to hire anyone you want. Trey I have inhouse techs that drive my vehicles and get 35 to 40% of contract and I have subs that get 60 to 70%. So go ahead and tell me which you prefer. I leave it as an option that helps me and the sub out. If I am forced to bring everyone inhouse the sub will lose funds not I. My profit margin is higher on inhouse techs. But with the volatile nature of this industry I have to constantly change the size of my workforce. Therefore contractors have a place. They make better moneys by far as compared to inhouse techs. Think about what your asking. You want to keep the $1500 a week check but gain benefits and special treatment??? Inhouse techs for the service provider start around $9 and hour and. You think there is money to keep your pay at $1500 a week making you inhouse? Cm on use your head and do the math. When its all said and done whether your legally a contractor or not you make more money. Isn't that what a union is about? Your trying to take money away from my contractors. And in the process it requires me to put myself in a position of teetering financially because when the high volume perks are over I have to pay for trucks and tools to sit. If my company goes under all my techs have atleast a couple of weeks downtime to find work elsewhere. I honestly don't understand what you are trying to accomplish pushing this point across. Perhaps its a fine line but who cares as long as the person listed as said contractor walks away with more money in his/her pocket. Perhaps your wanting to get into a union position so you can farm out pension funds to the mob. later
This is CABL.com posting #175208. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTJ6
Posted in reply to: Re: forgot to paste the question........ by Trey9007
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: forgot to paste the question........ lostintx 9/8/2006 8:40:00 PM
Re: forgot to paste the question........ Trey9007 9/7/2006 10:09:00 PM