Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Anyone with luck in Mastec Collections for sub

Don't expect too many bits of advice on this site - I haven't seen too many "members" offer decent or accurate info that's useful, and mine may not be either, but I have been in a similar position but not with the Sat work. But my experience with Mastec is this -- 1) Keep all your paperwork! 2) Document any instructions you receive for special work (emails, faxes, photos, voicemails, carrier pigeon, whatever). 3) And don't trust any of their managers or clerks (often they are temps). Mastec loves their paperwork. They know most subs can't keep it straight or together, so then the sub has no recourse for COLLECTING what is owed. Mastec loves backcharges. Their management sucks (and Corporate knows it). One itty bitty mistake in paperwork and kaplueyyyyy - you're slammed with backcharges. Thankfully, I didn't get hit with a lot (I had a smart & honest manager on the job), but I saw many who did. And when I did get backcharged, if I had the proof to document my work, I presented it to them. I am currently in the process now of trying to rectify a backcharge from 2003 and the job was over in 2004 but I received the backcharge notice in 2006!!! That's how Mastec works. Any way to keep or get back their money (because they so poorly mismanage from day 1). If you honestly and fairly did the work without overbilling (that's probably what 99.9999% of all the complaints are about on this site), and if you have your documentation, then prove it to them. If it's tens of thousands of dollars - get your butt on a plane (or in your truck) and show up at their front door with documentation in hand. They go thru so many staff, it would be hard for them to prove otherwise. If you have to hire a lawyer, then show all your paperwork to him/her and get the ball rolling - that will get Corporate involved at least.
GOOD LUCK!
This is CABL.com posting #174984. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTGu
Posted in reply to: Re: Anyone with luck in Mastec Collections for sub by johngault
There is 1 reply to this message