Create your free account now! Sign up

—Thank you for responding to my question!

—Thank you for responding to my question!

I received the answer to my question within a few hours, and was given more information than I ever expected to get anywhere else.

—To those who responded: Thank you so much for the information. I certainly feared the worst.

I have experienced most all form of project delays, in the 27 years I’ve been doing this work; the ones that give me that bad feeling, right-off-the-bat, are the ones when the information is not up-to-date - that can be devastating.

Something that will immediately cause that foreboding lost feeling is software incompatibility. That issue has nothing to do with experience, project trouble-shooting, or job related technical issues. It’s an issue of the worst kind: Money!

I noticed that little feeling of foreboding, when I received a file with some funky extension name that didn’t look familiar. It got a bit stronger, when the “primary” file that I needed, to make the whole thing work, wasn’t included at all.
I pretty much knew my day was shot when, while talking to my customer, I discover that their application is the 1998 version of the software we use!

Not about to give up, or be shot-down, I turned to the only place on the Web where I can get both a good laugh, and good information.
The Cabl Bar; again, proves to be an excellent example of the high level of service not often seen in organizations today.

Getting the Expert answer I needed to move on, will require that I do some unexpected work: But if that’s the way it is, then that’s the way it is!
One thing is for sure… This issue will never be a problem again!

To the Guru I needed, — I am most grateful for the information you sent to me.

And thank you Cabl Bar: “Being good doesn’t know everything: Being good knows where to find the answers.”
SLJonesSLJones Communications
This is CABL.com posting #174318. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTvK
Posted in reply to: Lode Drafting version-conversion-confusion by SLJones
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: —Thank you for responding to my question! x Greasemonkey 8/20/2006 1:56:00 PM