Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Whitfield.....

Your apology is accepted , I never became hostile ,thats just old school . Its quite apparent you never came up that way. Why were we old school? It was from coming up under people like Wayne Blanchard , God rest his soull , he was a true hard ass. Back when I started cable , I began as a splicer on that dual cube system in Cinn, Ohio . To work for the company your minimum production was 16 sticks a day , 32 taps , otherwise they wouldn't keep you. If you wanted a production bonus you had to cut more than 32 . You could work daylight til dark . No one had cable when we rolled into town. We were the ones bringing it to you. People would actually come out of their houses and be nice to you , offer you a glass of tea or a drink , or something to eat. They didn't come out and act like we were an SOB for cutting their cable off as they do on upgrades now . We were treated like heros . Before us it was rabbit ears or an antenna on the outside . We were a hard breed , you didn't get a bucket truck , everything was off hooks . I would have quit many a time had it not been for a hard ass like Wayne saying you bunch of pussies give it 30 days your hide on your legs will toughfin up . You learned real quick to wipe the sweat from you forehead with the top of your hand because the bottom of your hand had cresote on it and it would take the skin off you . It was tuff being on hooks all day , but you got use to it . When I started doing construction it was even harder on you. If not for Wayne and men like him , I wouldn't be here today.
(usa) "WHITFIELD"(sunny)(beerchug)
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #173637. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTkL
Posted in reply to: Re: Whitfield..... by primebusiness
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Whitfield..... Beaches 8/9/2006 10:22:00 PM
Re: Whitfield..... still hooking 8/9/2006 6:42:00 PM
Re: Whitfield..... Wolf1 8/9/2006 3:37:00 PM
Re: Whitfield..... tclinewalker 8/9/2006 12:21:00 PM