Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Whitfield.....

Wayne was one of the best, my brother brought me over to Wayne's house, he threw me a set of hooks and said "the works up there, not down here" he had me climb about half way up, went to the back side and came down, that's how you got hired back then and after that it was 7 days a week, I was on Wayne's mobile crew, me, my brother, the Dearden bro's, Big Stan, Doug, Joe, Mike and Wayne. We did the sh#t that no one else would touch, all the clean up in Houston, (Cube Cable) and what I mean by clean up are the poles no one else could get to be it dogs, shootings, irate neighborhoods you name it, we figured out a way to get r done, Irving, Tx all easement duel with serious power issues but back then you just did it, one of the best things about Wayne is that he wouldn't give you anything he wouldn't do him self, you seldom see that now days. There were no bucket babies, splicers worked out of vans, line men off flat beds, and everyone was tough as nails, you put your hooks on at 6:00am and took them off when you ran out of day light, as GW said you had a production limit, if you didn't cut it you were gone, it made for a good working environment because no one slowed you down, everyone had pride in a job well done, a different breed of men, god I miss those days.
Thanks Jeri, I needed that.
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #173649. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTkX
Posted in reply to: Re: Whitfield..... by deleted
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Whitfield..... danimal 8/9/2006 6:31:00 PM