Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Question for the Bosses

40 times 13 equals....$520. Plus you need to add an additional 40% for all the additional costs in front of the state and federal government....that is about $210. Now you are $730 per week. Gas for the operation of a van for one week will be minimum $120.00. I would bet Lease payments on a new van will be somewhere near 200 per week based on the mileage. Insurance costs for the van will be somewhere near $60 per week depending on your rating. Supplies will cost you somewhere near $150 per week....because now the tech is no longer invested in using the supplies wisely and they may have MANY FRIENDS AND RELATIVES WHO NEED CABLE.

If my math is correct you are now somewhere near $1260 per week. Now you better add an additional 30% to that number because while you think you have covered your costs attributed only to the employee and van....there will always be costs that have not been figured.....Now you have a total of more than $1500 per week. Are you also going to figure the administrative costs into the equation? You must break out a portion of the cost of the dispatch person who must track the employee, the legal cost attributed to the hiring of the employee who will put your company in a more exposed liability position.

There you go....and I am quite sure that there are many other expenses I have ovelooked. Plus I don't know what the W/C insurance rates are for techs in your area.

This is CABL.com posting #172842. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mS7W
Posted in reply to: Question for the Bosses by Trey9007
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Question for the Bosses Trey9007 7/28/2006 10:40:00 AM
Re: Question for the Bosses Trey9007 7/28/2006 10:10:00 AM