Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Question for the Bosses

Ive been trying to figure out the "other" side of the business. Ive heard a few quotes on how much a 13/hr employee would cost me. It seems safe to say that a 13/hr employee working 48hr per week would cost a company 50K a year which is about $950 per week. This under normal operating conditions. Not a super tech, not a hack, but just an average tech.

Many people have said 13/hr is low. I think its low for a vet, but good for a newbie. Naturally a company would like to attract the vets. This is what confuses me. A 13/hr newbie cost me just as much as a vet sub. A company will probably have no problem finding a vet tech willing to accept a deal where they are making $1000 working 6 days, which is just about what a 13/hr employee would cost me.

What is the difference between a $13/hr employee costing me 950/wk and a sub Im paying $1000/wk. I dont have to pay as much attention on how I route the sub because hes not using my vehicle or gas. He pays that himself, along with all the other expenses I have to pay for the employee.

So I guess Im asking, why is 13/hr as an employee viewed as bad, but $1000/wk as a sub viewed as good. They both seem the same to me. What is it Im missing.
This is CABL.com posting #172862. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mS8g
Posted in reply to: Re: Question for the Bosses by warrenrf
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Question for the Bosses dumyid 7/31/2006 12:41:00 PM
Re: Question for the Bosses SATMAN/MEMPHIS 7/31/2006 9:29:00 AM
Re: Question for the Bosses hero2zero 7/29/2006 10:22:00 PM