Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Just how legal are charge backs????????

Let's look at other professions for a moment. If a plummer, or whoever doesn't fix, or provide the service they were asked to, they go back and fix it on their dime. Try having an electrician rewire your house for say $2500.00 dollars and because he forget to put on a wall plate cover, you charge him back $7500.00, three times what they got paid for the job! Well, that's what goes on in cable and Sat. now, and they get away with it. It is pure BS.

When I was a prime, I did millions of dollars for the biggest MSO's in this country and I never once charged back any of my techs a single dime, never! I received some charge backs, but I never passed it on to my techs, it is too negative. I just ate the cost. Anyone can make a minor mistake now and then, give them a chance to fix it. If you're out QC'ing and see a minor problem on a good techs work, just fix it, sh^t happens. Now on the install side, many times the charge back is the result of the customer "doing there own thing" with the work after the tech leaves the job, not even the fault of the tech. I mean hey, if a tech IS that bad, get rid of them.

The real reason there are so many charge backs now is to get work done for less money, period. It is a con game. Now that's the truth! But it is, of course, JMO. (wink)

(cool)
This is CABL.com posting #172721. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mS5Z
Posted in reply to: Re: Just how legal are chargebacks???????? by jimcarrey
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Just how legal are charge backs???????? oldschooldbstech 7/26/2006 10:23:00 PM
Re: Just how legal are charge backs???????? Knight Ent Inc 7/26/2006 3:30:00 PM