Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Nothing To Consider!

As a lead tech / Project Manager, I can ensure you that a manager is only as good as his worst techs. The tech's work reflects on his manager's ability to train, motivate and manage. A manager is not omnipresent, and he needs eyes and ears in the field. Because the future of this industry (and our JOBS) depends on the quality of work that is done on a daily basis, it should be our pleasure to report hacks, especially if they work in our same company.

Many guys have that sub-contractor mentality that makes you think you should get paid for absolutely everything you do, even if it includes insuring your future in this industry by reporting and running off the hacks.

Because of my experience on construction sites for new MDU's, I can assure you all that if one sub is screwing up and causing others to get backcharged for his mistakes, he won't be around long. Real subs watch out for each other, even if they are from different fields. They do this because they know that their livelihoods and families depend on it, and they might also need their help one day.

We can band together with or without a union, but we have to be willing to go the extra mile to make it happen. If you give up five dollar's worth of your time today by reporting the hack, it might save you fifty dollars in gas out to BFE and back on that $35 service call created by one of the hacks.

If your manager's won't listen, take digital pictures and show them, or better yet, email it to them and copy it to all the managers in the company. That will stir up the nest and get someone's attention.(bash)
This is CABL.com posting #171731. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSP1
Posted in reply to: Re: Nothing To Consider! by Trey9007
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Nothing To Consider! oldschoolgal 7/11/2006 1:06:00 PM
Re: Nothing To Consider! Trey9007 7/10/2006 10:50:00 PM