Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Nothing To Consider!

reporting a hack only does good if the Lead or site manager actually do something about it. For example I regularly reported on one tech who did consistantly poor work for over a year and a half, only after I gave up did they finally fire the guy and after they did so he sub'ed for a contractor and gained access to our scheduling system and stole jobs assigned to our company and our techs. How you ask? He was dating (the polite terminology for what he was really doing) the site manager and later the girl who did the routing. He used the router's pssword to gain access to our system after he was fired.
In another case I had six service calls in one month on one tech's work all within two weeks of him having done the install or upgrade. Most of the problems were for things you'd expect from a rookie or a true lazy hack. No second line for DVR upgrades or installs, no phoneline for DVR, DVR not properly activated, 3x4 multiswitch place inline on Phase III triplesat dish, system not grounded, dish not properly bolted down, etc.
My point is I reported both these guys and some others for their shoddy workmanship and inability to complete their assigned jobs to spec, but my reports fell on deaf ears. So, reporting these things only do any good if the people you are reporting them to take action on your report.
Would a union have helped stop these hacks? I hope so, but who is to say as we never got the chance to find that out.
Is a union the answer to this industry's ills? I don't know, but I do know things aren't getting any better the way they are going now, maybe unionizing will stop or reverse the downward spiral we are in, maybe not, we will never know until we try.
This is CABL.com posting #171690. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSPm
Posted in reply to: Nothing To Consider! by primebusiness
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Nothing To Consider! Trey9007 7/10/2006 3:57:00 PM