Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How do they live with abortion?

hello energyworker, please take a deep breath and try to relax. This is obviously an emotionally charged topic for everyone. I have been folowing this discussion, and it did not seem to me that anyone condemmed you directly. It appears that there are several differences of opinion and varied feelings on this issue. Others are expressing thier thoughts/feelings, either based on thier religious beliefs/moral up-bringing, and some are intellectually debating the scientific aspects/medical findings. please remember this is an imperfect world, and none of us can ever satisfy everybody.
Unfortunately this discussion board is percieved as a chat room to some, and they occassionally become disoriented during the discussion ( when the browser refreshes, they lose thier chronological perception ) I have noticed the effects this has on many members over the years.
I believe it may be possible, if you were to print out the entire thread, and list it chronologically ( hour:minute:second ), you may have a different perspective.
I am a male, but, this topic has affected me in several ways in the past. A few examples :(a) I was married once, we had a seperation, and she aborted during that seperation, without me having any knowledge til after the fact. I desperately wanted to have children at that time in my life.[ out of my control - God's will ...] (b) I once was asked by a life-long friend to please accompany her to the clinic (I was not the father ) ( the situation had been thoroughly discussed , including counselling { but , there were serious medical reasons wieghing heavily on the decision } ) , we were assalted verbally , and almost physically in front of the clinic. It was an extremely traumatic experience for her. [ not out of her control, but, medically adviseable - God's will...] (c) I am adopted ( have never met my biological, am aware I was the product of an arranged adoption ) , have grown up in a disfunctional family ( even to this day ), went to psychotherapy for several years ( severe identity crisis ) due alot to the disfunction. [ originally out of my control-most would think it was the "next right thing" being adopted-caused me harm which I had to seek out help and correct on my own-will never know what it is like to be the member of a " Normal " family-God's will... ]
The synopsys of my 3 examples - situations which may at first seem as though the " right thing to do " was obvious, yet , if/when followed brought more harm and suffering. As you have mentioned, others might be more sympathetic to someone else if they could relate to a situation that might have effected them directly in thier life. It does not mean that they are wrong in thier beliefs, that is thier freedom.
I remain neutral on this issue ( abortion ) and the pros/cons of adoption. Have felt both sides of both issues. What I did learn which allowed me to find some peace - acceptance of God's will for me ( I am not a religious finatic or bible-thumper. I am referring to a spiritual belief found through self-help ) I hope you were able to relax some. Believe that others understand you, and do empathize.(wave)(heart)(angel)(sunny)(wink)
This is CABL.com posting #171170. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSGY
Posted in reply to: Re: How do they live with abortion? by energyworker
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: How do they live with abortion? energyworker 7/3/2006 12:43:00 PM