Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

Good questions. You may not have noticed but over 100 techs initially signed cards. Before the actual vote many techs have reported intimidation by the company. Its a good chance many of the 47% did not vote their consience, but voted the consience of the company. We can argue all day about that, but theres really no way to tell. I think Fl. is a RTW state. If so the 47% is not required to join the union, but are still covered by the collective bargaining agreement, meaning they will get union negotiated pay and benefits and still get union representation. All workers in both RTW states and non RTW states, also have Beck Rights. Where they can only pay the percentage of dues used to enforce their contract. NONE of the techs pay dues until there is a contract that has been ratified (approved) by the techs. ALL techs also have the right to decertify the union. The companys next move will be to stall bargaining and then try to eliminate workers who support unionizing, then start a decert drive.

The employees have not paid a dime and will not pay a dime until they have signed agreement from the company that the employees approve of. I feel this is something important to make clear. Theres no risk for employees. They sign for union representation, it costs them nothing. If they are not able to get a contract they like, they vote it down. If they dont like the representation they get from the IBEW, they vote them out.

Can you beleive the intimidation tactics??!? Simply amazing....What ever happend to one voting ones consience. Was does it say about a company who only managerial skills is scare tactics. Its just pitiful for anyone to resort to that. I cant wait for the Employee Free Choice Act to pass. Right now employees rights during elections are just ignored.

This is CABL.com posting #170171. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSqR
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by SatSouth
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Union? SatSouth 6/15/2006 12:00:00 PM