Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

Thanks. Seems to be a good honest (from the heart) reply. I figured you must have someone whom you really look up to. That's good. Everyone needs mentors and/or people to respect.

You know, I really don't know a hell of a lot about this union stuff. Actually, it's a little out of character for me to carry on with you guys like this. All I know is what I see and hear -- and what I see and hear about unions makes me uncomfortable (from an employees' and / or an employers perspective (I've been both).

I've never been in a union. I can't picture myself ever being in one. I am one of of those people who have always decided to change "my" situation not "the" situation if I found myself in a place that didn't meet my or my family's needs. I even left a job once because I thought it was moving in the direction of becoming unionized. Again, I couldn't picture myself in that situation so I decided to move on.

I know everyone doesn't believe as I do, and it would be a boring world if they did. I know you hate to hear people say "If you don't like where you are -- go somewhere else". I know everyone can't just go carve out a special place for themselves with only their own hard work, their own dreams and own initiative. Actually a lot more people could do just that if they could somehow come to have a little more belief in themselves and their abilities. Unions seem (I could be wrong) to push everything toward a mean. They may help people to slightly improve their working conditions but they don't seem to encourage to chase their dreams.

Unionization is obviously a very serious matter to you. You seem to be on a crusade. There is nothing wrong with fighting for what you believe in. I just can't figure out if you are doing it for yourself or everyone else. Maybe you are paid to promote unions. I don't know and I really don't care. You just seem so obsessed and I'm having a hard time figuring where you want this obsession to take you (that's my problem not yours). Anyway, It's getting late and I'm getting tired and just rambling on. Guess we can pick this up tomorrow -- maybe not.

This is CABL.com posting #169914. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSmI
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by Trey9007
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Union? Trey9007 6/11/2006 11:28:00 AM