Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

Believe it or not, I have no problem with people who dont like unions. I actually enjoy talking to you. But there is a trend. Usually when I converse with people like you, 99% of the things they base their opinion on, is from false information or half truths. I think its good to adress these things.

With you, I dont understand why you seem to think that workers should not do everything legally possible to have their rights observed, but you seem to feel companies should do anything to have their rights observed. You have a clear double standard IMO. A VERY small percentage of union member get in trouble you deem the entire labor community bad. HSPs are in violation of labor laws and are commiting racketeering violations by charging back employees, but you then say, HSPs arent the root of their problems.

Then you say they will be worse off if they unionize. Their rights are being violated, their employer is commiting racketeer crimes, I dont think exposing their employer to the proper authourities can be a bad thing, at least for the employees. You have a clear double standard. Why?

It is not always wise to leave an employer you think is bad. Sometimes its better to stay and fight. If 1 employer gets away with it, others will try it also because they will feel that the 1st employer has gained some type of advantage. Then you will look around and every employer in your area has copied the bad employer and now youre in the same situation as when this all started.

The answer is not always to quit and start your own company. Everyone cant be a company. There can never be an all company economy. There will always be a need for workers to work for the companies, and hence there will always be the need for laws and orgs to help protect workers rights.

This is CABL.com posting #169929. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSmX
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by SatSouth
There are 0 replies to this message