Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

I try to stay away from you and some of your union brainwashed friends, but, I have to admit, I enjoy a good debate every now and then.

I think I hear the "pot calling the kettle black". I've never seen anyone else like you with their head so far up the union's ass that you can't see or hear the legitimate concerns of anyone who doesn't totally agree with you. You are like a wind up doll that has been preprogrammed to say whatever the union would like you to say. I hear nothing from you but unionspeak. The union is your god and refuge. I suspect that you would cease to exist as an individual without the union to worship. And you have the audacity to accuse ANYONE for not speaking for themselves.

You know, the sad thing is, you seem to be a pretty bright guy (but I'm beginning to have my doubts). Instead of running around out there wasting your time extolling the virtues of a corrupt and self serving institution, you could be doing something special with your life like building a business of your own that could provide financial security for your family and jobs for others (hell, encourage your employees to unionize if you like).

If you think I can't or won't speak for myself just because of that stupid little game that I was enticed into playing with uboat, you are dead wrong. I made it pretty clear in my post how I feel about unions. Those are my thoughts and no one else's.

I think some where in my post I actually tried to pay you a compliment for your commitment to what you believe. But that was returned with words like "henchmen" and comments about how you can no longer respect me.

Trey, this may surprise you -- I could give a damn about whether or not you respect me. In fact, I'm grateful that you do not. The only way I could ever get your respect would be to agree with you and, guess what, that ain't gonna happen -- ever.

There are better gods out there to worship than your beloved union. Virtues like hard work (how much work can you get done when you are preaching about the unions all the time), individualism, entrepreneurship, personal accomplishment, dedication to one's family's success. I could list a lot more but I suspect these are foreign words and concepts to you that you can't possible understand because they are not part of your vocabulary.

I hope this obsession with the unions takes you were you want to be in life. Like several others have said recently, the only people associated with unions that seem to be doing really well are the union organizers. Hell, most of them make more money than the people that they are supposed to be trying to help. Kind of ironic isn't it -- sounds a lot like the corporations you criticize and so despise.

This is CABL.com posting #169596. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mShA
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by Trey9007
There are 8 replies to this message
Re: Union? Trey9007 6/5/2006 10:27:00 PM
Re: Union? Trey9007 6/5/2006 9:36:00 PM
Re: Union? Trey9007 6/5/2006 9:24:00 PM
Re: Union? Toast 6/5/2006 8:08:00 PM
Re: Union? Toast 6/5/2006 7:59:00 PM
Re: Union? Gwester843 6/5/2006 4:14:00 PM
Re: Union? cablecrew10 6/5/2006 2:42:00 PM
Re: Union? Hybrid Telecom. 6/5/2006 1:20:00 PM