Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

Just so you know, union organizers start at 30k a year.

I want you guys to tell me something. Is what I say really unionspeak or is it just the truth. My only points is that in telecommunications world, non union sat and cable are paid MUCH less than their union counter parts. I have posted collective bargaining agreements that shows union pay, benefits, and working condition. I have posted my own check stubs from 5 years ago where I worked 48hrs and made $1500. At the same time we have cable/sat guys in 2006 bragging they are making $1500/wk as a contractor on the road paying hotel bills.

IBEW/CWA contracts in the telecom world is proof that companies can pay good wages and supply workers with great benefits and still have good share holder return and have companies operating in the black. So why cant this non union indusrty 1 up them, since theres no unions involved, which by your account is a better situation for workers. Surely you can out do those nasty unions and expose their disregard for their members by offering more desirable jobs.

Most of you post things that I easily prove to be wrong. OSG saying things like union techs pay for training, when union workers have bargained to have their college tuition paid by their employers.

I could go on and on about how 99% of you guys post are just lies. But I wont. Instead Im gonna put the ball in yalls court.

Right now the cable and sat business is pretty much non union. Companies have all the power, so I must ask.

Why arent you guys doing something? You say unions cause things to get worse, well theres no union here, why arent companies making things better on their own.

Why is there no required cert required to work cable/sat? What have companies in this business done to promote training and education? Why are cable/sat workers making much less pay and receiving much less benefits than their union counterparts. Why are union service reps making more than non-union techs.

If unions make things so bad, why do they have so much more than us. And if what they have is bad, what does it make what we have. Companies have all the power in this industry. Theres no pesky unions to deal with. Theres increasing revenues in our industry, there is subcriber growth in our industry, and again, theres no union. Why are we so far behind?

I REALLY want you guys to reply to this. Whats stopping you. You have anything a business could want. Subcriber growth, revenue growth, and healthy competition. WHATS STOPPING YOU?!?!?!?
This is CABL.com posting #169626. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSh4
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by SatSouth
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Union? oldschooldbstech 6/6/2006 2:59:00 AM
Re: Union? Toast 6/5/2006 9:42:00 PM