Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

Trust me, I know my labor history. Cable is the new kid on the block, but they are not that new. As you stated unionized cable worker get paid very well. My thing is why is it so hard for others to see this. In some case a cable tech (union) makes 23/hr while a tech(non-union) in the same area gets half of that. Working for same MSO.

Lets say you win the arguement that cable techs shouldnt be companred with the other utilities. Why do union cable techs make so much more than non union cable techs. Why arent there more union cable techs? Comcasts fights organizing drives tooth and nail. It took local 21 here 7 year to get an new contract. In the seven years they bargained with several different companies, due to sales and mergers. 7 years those guys stood together. 7 years they fought for a contract, but no one thinks that deserves any pride. Instead, taking pay cuts and working more hours gets the pride award. I just want to know why.

Im not arguing with you, so theres no need to get defensive. Just having a conversation. So stay relaxed. I only say this because I get the feeling you think Im arguing with you and Im not.
This is CABL.com posting #169361. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSdN
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by Hybrid Telecom.
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Union? Hybrid Telecom. 6/1/2006 10:33:00 PM