Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

My freind, cable tv is new compared to electric and telephone they paid thier dues. and they deserve what they have or even better, the cable industry still has milk on its face. All those utilities where present at the birth of unions. Thats why I'm saying learn your history. What may have worked then may not work now for us. Time warner in new york is local 3, all under get paid very well. also the contractors for them. And i continue to say nothings wrong with unions. You have to understand, eg. Cable company A has a contractor B, the contractor has employees c. The employees decide to go union for whatever reason. now contractor B has to contribute a % additional to what the salery of the employees are for benifits etc. Then their is a total attitude change to work(lets call it relaxed). Now faced with this, contractor B goes to company A for more money to cover additional expense. they say no. Contractor B has a problem. Thats why Time Warner the money people can afford to pay any additional cost to contractors and employees. Want union go for the fat cats all under will follow. anything else your just waisting your time. Another thing which i swear by, the hardist working people are contractors. When electric needs something done on time who they call!! When telephone needed their FTTX built who they call!!
When time warner started their build in the 90's, they had their own inhouse people doing it. It took them close to two months just to do one city block. after just 6 months they contracted the project out. it took us average one week to get a block done.(money was good) So please dont think I'm trying to discourage you all. Its a picture you got to look at all sides.
This is CABL.com posting #169360. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSdM
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by Trey9007
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Union? Trey9007 6/1/2006 8:30:00 PM