Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

Of the 3 utilties on the poles, which ones employees make $20/hr or less, which one has contractors climbing for $6 dollar discos, which one works on a network that carrys data, voice, & video.

Educate me!!!!
Tell me which one it is, and for the life of me tell me why!!!

I for one think it is due to 1 factor. Union worker's wages and benefits are negotiated. Non-union workers are dictated by suits whos main concern is to save the company money. Lucky for them there are so many of us here that are glad to help them save money on labor cost. Theres alot of things people in this industry are proud of, this is something that doesnt get enough attention IMO.

We should be proud of helping these billion dollar companies save on labor cost. We dont burden them with the task of obeying labor laws, and paying high wages like their counter parts in power and telco. We should be proud that our companies can saywee techs make 1000/wk with contractor expenses, while the others pay this wage to clerks and service reps AND pay for their health care. Lets all stand and give ourselves a round of applause(clap), and chant "UNION NO!"

This is CABL.com posting #169352. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSdE
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by Hybrid Telecom.
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Union? SatSouth 6/3/2006 12:42:00 AM
Re: Union? Hybrid Telecom. 6/1/2006 8:15:00 PM