Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good .......SHUT UP

It is people like you willing to low ball and work 100hrs a week that "effed" this industry up in the first place...You HAVE to work all those hours because you and your wife both drive "'03's" and you bought a house on 3/4 of a acre and you have a felony conviction. You are in debt up to your eyeballs.

$50,000/yr = 961.54 for 52 weeks...Lets divide that by the 100 hrs/wk you work...$9.62/hr...Now take taxes, expenses (if you are a contractor) out of that and you would do better to work at micy macs on fries...

The ONLY thing you are doing at this rate is working yourself to death...Ain't worth $4.80/hr to me...I take pride in my work and knowledge...I have far more invested in my career than $50,000 and expect far more than a $50,000 return on my investment as would any smart investor.

And for the folks giving you praise, you are no better...If you hacks and lowballers would get the F out of this business, we the professionals that know what the work and risking our lives to perform the work is worth, the industry MIGHT come back tho it is questionable as you guys have mucked it for so very long.

$50,000 isn't squat to be in this business as a contractor plain and simple. And if it is in-house you sure as hell are not working 100 hours a week because if you were you would be making MORE than $50,000 with ease...

Go find another job to work...we want our careers back...

(usa)

(usa)
Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #168495. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRZP
Posted in reply to: Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good .......SHUT UP by lostintx
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good .......SHUT UP gaffmatic 5/21/2006 9:12:00 PM
Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good .......SHUT UP sdelnay 5/21/2006 12:40:00 AM