Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good .......SHUT UP

i do installs.......satellite, cable, cat5.........whatever.......i'm not getting rich, but i live in dallas (not super cheap here) i bought a 2100' house on 3/4 of an acre, near major hwy's, but over looking horses, my wife and i both drive '03's so does my mom....a a teacher of 40 years and makes a little less than i doi agree that 50k is not a lot for all the hours, but i work when and where i want, my felony conviction doesn't mean sh!t to the people that pay me on the side to actually FIX whatever the inhouse guy with "training" effed up, and my new contract has the potential for 75k plus side work.......if you don't want to do this than don't, but i've got 5 years experience crammed into the 21 months i've been working 100 hour weeks when that's what the people writing the checks needed......i know that when you count the time i leave to the time i get home it's not what i'd make getting 20 an hour with a reasonable amount of overtime would pay.........BUT I DON'T WORK FOR ANYONE BUT MYSELF......MY JOBS PAY EVERYTIME BECAUSE I TAKE PRIDE IN WHAT I DO........I DO WHAT I WANT.......I WORK WHEN I WANT.......AND NO ONE CARES ABOUT ANYTHING ABOUT ME OTHER THAN I'VE TAKEN THE TIME TO LEARN A THING OR TWO ABOUT WHAT I'M DOING! you want to make 100k/yr than do it.......you want to do it without killing yourself, ask your daddy for a job.......if he's not making that......then work your a$$ of in cable or satellite and it might happen faster than if you went to law school if you REALLY want it.......stop whining... work hard, and make yourself a desirable product......but mostly stop whining..........want more money? work harder or do something else
This is CABL.com posting #168470. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRZq
Posted in reply to: Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good living! by magg
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good .......SHUT UP bushmaster 5/20/2006 8:58:00 PM
Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good .......SHUT UP Splicer Life 4me 5/20/2006 5:52:00 PM
Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good .......SHUT UP ERIECOMM 5/20/2006 3:12:00 PM
Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good .......SHUT UP OPIES HERE 5/20/2006 11:33:00 AM