Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I have to ask

If they had no exp, edu, or certs they started at the bottom of the pay scale. If you start at the bottom it takes 5 years to make it to top. Bottom is something like 11/hr top is about 27-30/hr depending on the local. While working up the payscale you get a progression wage every 6 months and cost of living raises. Cost of living raises differ from contract to contract but they are usually 2 - 3.5% a year. They add up. 1995 when I started top pay was 20/hr. Now it is close to 30/hr.

I dont know why those guys left. Maybe there was lay-off. Maybe they got fired or quit. I dont know. Youre in a better position to find out than me.

I agree. A union is not needed everywhere. But here where the cable guy is paid so much less than everyone in the telco world , I feel we are a good example of why unions exist. You treat people fair, union not needed. Treat workers bad, a union should be an option looed at by workers.

Attached is a link to the AT&T/CWA contract. It is the national agreement, so it may be difficult to understand. This is book II that just provides the wage schedules for all job tittles under the agreement. Book I is where all the language is.

http://www.cwalocal4250.org/executives/binarydata/2005%20Appendix%205.pdf

ps, toast Im still looking for that paystub. I know you for some reason think the contracts are not real so I will attempt to show you I would not le to you. Dude Im on your side. I want you and all of us to get better treatment. But I guess first you have to see how far behind you are compared to others in this field. I have no problem with that. I wouldnt beleive a nut (me) over the internet either. So Im gonna try hard to find that stub.
This is CABL.com posting #168025. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRSf
Posted in reply to: Re: I have to ask by cablecrew10
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: I have to ask cablecrew10 5/14/2006 3:12:00 PM