Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I have to ask

Hey screw keep posting. I feel your question are VERY valid. But when I make statements like the one you says irritate you, I dont mean them to be 100%. There are exceptions. I took for granted everyone knows that. So dont take it as i am saying all. Take it as most.

You say you dont feel unionizing will get MSO to pay more. I think you are wrong. Why? Because currently unionized cable MSO employees make close to the money and work under similar agreements as the phone guys. Which is 2 and 3 times better than the non union guys. So thats why I think standing together as 1 can make a difference. You say youve read my post. Did you see the Comcast/CWA contract I posted. Those guys are paid well. They get cost of living raises, very good health benefits, a pension, and more. Thats the union difference. Thats the difference of being happy to get a 10% raise after taking a 50% pay cut.

Just an FYI, I was making 1,082 base pay 4 years ago as a union employee. Thats a little over 50K working no OT. Just 5 days a week, 8 hours. Had 100% company paid health benefits, 401k, and a pension. Remember this is 4years ago. You want proof? I
This is CABL.com posting #168007. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRRX
Posted in reply to: Re: I have to ask by cablecrew10
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: I have to ask Toast 5/14/2006 2:05:00 PM
Re: I have to ask cablecrew10 5/14/2006 2:03:00 PM
Re: I have to ask Toast 5/14/2006 1:52:00 PM