Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: hard on illegals?

Gonna have to read and digest that one, Trey9007. But I will tell you what I saw on the news yesterday regarding illegals driving wages down - this is a meat cutter position in particular - because there are so many illegals doing this job in many areas of the country, the wages were driven down from - get this- in the 1980s it paid $19/hour.....now, because employers can get away with it, the wage is down to $9/hour....

I will say one thing I kind of disagree with on your post - and that's the Group C (the union MSO employees) getting paid so well...most of the guys we know who are employees get crap pay, that is why many of them become subcontractors. I'll have to take the time and really re-read your theory to come up with an answer...since you seem to have put alot of thought, time and effort into it.

As for the illegals, I'd report the MSO employer to ICE and hopefully that would take care of the illegal alien problem....(wink) Plus, altho they have no medical from the MSO, bet they already are receiving assistance from our own government, who won't even provide assistance to some of our legal citizens....

I know you seem pretty pro union, but even union places are trying to cut wages now....including Ford and GM, Try-It (beer distributor) - it's been a slow process, but I bet if someone really tracked it, it would be interesting....the rich keep getting richer.....(usa)

Catch ya later.

This is CABL.com posting #166760. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRxQ
Posted in reply to: Re: hard on illegals? by Trey9007
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: hard on illegals? Trey9007 4/29/2006 10:05:00 AM
Re: hard on illegals? Trey9007 4/28/2006 8:05:00 PM
Re: hard on illegals? 1FARMER 4/28/2006 12:41:00 PM