Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Good Drugs?

Dcableservices you have a good point here! Just one thing though, you have to be careful on the warranty thing as I was burned through Sears for this type of thing. The on duty sale guy was such a company man that he was in the window and watched me pull up in my bucket so when I got inside with my drill in need of warranty service he pointed out that in the fine print there is an exclusion in regards to commercial use and not personal use. Seems this guy had the thing memorized and was quick to point out that he was "required" to adhere to the policy that this drill had been used for commericial and not personal purposes. I have had a similar situation at home depot with my Klein cable cutters. They refused to honor the warranty because 1) I didn't buy them from that particular home depot 2) The package dosen't indicate "home depot" as being responsible to honor the warranty.
I am by no means saying all warranty's are BS, as I have had good luck with them at other times. I am just trying to get the word out to be prepared because someday someone may run into this situation and get mad as a MF just like I did. It may take going to another location or waiting until another time when say the particular person denying you isn't working.
This is CABL.com posting #165965. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRk1
Posted in reply to: Re: Good Drugs? by Dcableservices
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Good Drugs? Dcableservices 4/18/2006 7:01:00 AM