Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: All good points

"I'm not saying let them all in, but I would rather allow someone in for economical reasons than someone who is out to harm us. At least if they are legally allowed to work here they will be required to pay taxes here as well. And if they are living working and paying taxes here they are also going to be purchasing things here as well, and it just makes good sense to have a paying customer than it does to have no customer, right? " - uboatcmdr

Who would you keep out then? Who makes that decision? You don't think letting them in for economical reasons harms us? How much do you think they would pay in taxes at the wages they would get? Last I checked, people that worked for those wages also qualify for assistance programs like welfare, WIC, food stamps etc. (obviously depending on the size of your familiy...) That can offset the tax dollars pretty quickly. Do you think they will recieve benefits like health insurance from employers or will we be paying for that as well. As for spending money here, I've never seen them in any store but Walmart (who doesn't put any money back into the communities they exist in....) and the mexican owned stores or the occasional bar. All of our factory jobs are going to Mexico anyway, if we can't keep our jobs, at least let us keep our laws......
This is CABL.com posting #165774. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRhW
Posted in reply to: Re: All good points by uboatcmdr
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: All good points uboatcmdr 4/13/2006 3:38:00 PM