Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: "This Debate"

Just because there is a law on the books that say's an act is a crime does not make that law enforcable or right. There are many laws on the books in this country which are outdated and need to be purged or are unenforcable and need to be adjusted/ammended so they can actually be enforced. The propsed bill on immigration reform is a joke. I am speaking of the version that wants to build a 700 mile wall and declare all illegals felons. First off if you make them felons how do they plan to catch them? Are they going to stop everyone who looks like a Mexican? And what about the OTM's (other than Mexicans)? Are they going to ignore the real threat (the terrorists)? And once captured what will they do with all these felons? They are felons, you can't just drive them to the border and kick them over to the other side, you have to punish them like the felons they are, correct? What about those who come here with young children? Are the kids, who crossed the border illegally not just as much felons, deserving of punishment, as their parents? Where will all these new felons be kept so they cannot harm to our society? In prison? We don't have enough prisons to house all those new felons. So we will have to build new prisons. Those pisons are going to cost a lot. Who is going to build all those prisons? How are we going to pay for all the prisons? Higher taxes?

What about the proposed 700 mile long fence/wall at the border. That fence/wall is going to cost a lot. It will probably wind up being more of a wall than a fence. A fence won't keep people out as well as a wall will. Who is going to build it? How are we going to pay for it? Higher taxes?

Wait I've got an idea, lets get a bunch of old army tents, discarded crates & cardboard boxes and use them to build small camps surrounded by razor wire, all along the border. Then we can dump all these new felons in them and use them as slave labor to build the proposed 700 mile long wall. We can build the wall of steel reenforced concrete top it with sharp broken metal, broken glass bottles and razor wire. Sound familiar? It should, there was a wall very much like this dividing Berlin, Germany for many years. We all know what a great value to world that wall was. Somewhere I have a piece of that wall. Maybe I should find it and give it to some Mexican child so he can use it to build the new wall.
This is CABL.com posting #165645. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRfR
Posted in reply to: Re: "This Debate" by Wife of a cable guy
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: "This Debate" vegassatellite 4/12/2006 7:58:00 PM
Re: "This Debate" sdelnay 4/12/2006 12:59:00 PM