Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: "This Debate"

You make a lot of nice points uboat. To blame the illegal immigrant and their legal status situation is IMO just a scapegoat for the evolving global market we find ourselves in today. Unless you're an indigenous people, all of our ancestors came over here at some time since the colonies were formed, and more than likely, if they were adults they migrated to communities with people who spoke the same language as themselves and worked, lived, and died in communities where the language and customs of their homelands were kept. Does that sound familiar? It's almost always the second and even later generations of these Americans that become more assimilated into America, adopting the traditional American language (English) and customs (which of course very with region and ethnic background). Since the US had an open door immigration policy until I believe around 1924+/- that wasn't an issue for most of our ancestors. My point is the "Mexicans" are just doing what our ancestors did by coming over here looking for a better opportunity for themselves and their families. It's just a lot more difficult now, trying the patience of most so they resort to bypassing the legal route. Can you really blame them? Sure some are criminals as far as conducting criminal activity against others, but I don't think in any greater proportion then "born in America" Americans. They are just doing what your great great grampa and grandma did. But now it's illegal!
This is CABL.com posting #165650. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRfW
Posted in reply to: Re: "This Debate" by uboatcmdr
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: "This Debate" crawl2much 4/13/2006 9:23:00 PM
Re: "This Debate" crawl2much 4/13/2006 9:18:00 PM
Re: "This Debate" vegassatellite 4/12/2006 7:31:00 PM
Re: "This Debate" oldschooldbstech 4/12/2006 6:10:00 PM
All good points Wife of a cable guy 4/12/2006 2:33:00 PM