Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: "This Debate"

"It should, there was a wall very much like this dividing Berlin, Germany for many years. We all know what a great value to world that wall was."

The purpose of the Berlin Wall was to keep people in, not to keep people out. Communism was such a failed concept that people were leaving in droves. East Germany placed such value on its people that the government built a wall so they couldn't leave. Mexico places so little value on its people that Vicente Fox even publishes a pamphlet that assists his people in leaving.

The real trajedy in all this is that the government of Mexico cares so little about Mexicans that they don't do anything to address the issues that are causing Mexicans to leave. Maybe Vicente should work on making his country so great that he has to put up a wall so we won't be able to come over there. The truth is, if they couldn't come here so easily, then perhaps they would have the incentive to change their own nation to fulfill their dreams. I am sure many of them would rather stay than to leave their families to come here for work, etc. I have compassion for them, truly I do, however we must realize that by giving them such an easy out, they will never save their nation and will have generations of fathers leaving behind families so they can Western Union their American wages to their wives and kids.

We certainly aren't making it any easier to give Mexicans the incentive to modify their nation to be the same dream that America is.
This is CABL.com posting #165722. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRg6
Posted in reply to: Re: "This Debate" by uboatcmdr
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: "This Debate" uboatcmdr 4/12/2006 10:25:00 PM
Re: "This Debate" voices 4/12/2006 8:54:00 PM