Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dns screwing us

i'm not so sure about that. sure we want them all to be profit, but a wallfish does require some knowledge especially in dns vs cable where you deal with a different builder/aged home on every install instead of a the same neighborhoods with the same basic structure and when dns starts saying you can't charge for the pole or tripod you just paid for out of your own pocket or everything has to have a facia plate at your expense and you can't charge for it i'd say we're getting screwed. but it's going that direction in cable and sat where they only want to pay the installer (i mean contractors) for what they are going to get to charge for monthly. i feel that the service providers (sat and catv) are trying to get installs down to a ratio ......and that's just plain screwing the installer that gets paid one time and if the dumb effin customer decides to play with transponders just because they could (like the re-trip i just rolled........for free) then that goes down again. dns has it in writing and i don't know how the in house guys handle extra's, but if it's on dns's dime i bet that space on the work order for "extra charges due at the time services are rendered" gets marked up with more customer expense than my side of the fence.

call that whining if you want, but when you say "your guys" it sounds like you might be guilty of screwing your guys to keep dns from moving on to the next prime.

not trying to piss folks off here, but i call out of pocket expenses above and beyond that can't be recouped getting screwed, and that goes for "custom work too" like i was told during training, "you've got to get paid for what you know and not how hard you work or you'll always be poor"
This is CABL.com posting #165429. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRcn
Posted in reply to: Re: Dns screwing us by slipandfallpaul
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Dns screwing us slipandfallpaul 4/10/2006 10:23:00 PM
Re: Dns screwing us lostintx 4/10/2006 9:18:00 PM
Re: Dns screwing us catfish16 4/10/2006 1:57:00 AM
Re: Dns screwing us nrb1 4/9/2006 11:59:00 PM