Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Info

"Vegassatellite, I disagree. Each of the outputs from the DishPro Plus Twin will bandstack the 110 and 119, further, the seperater will also bandstack the 110 and the 119 on the other side of the seperater twice. A 322 needs a bandstacked 110 and 119 for each input (room one and two) there's the proof. Also a Dish Pro 34 switch will not be compatable at all with the DishPro PLUS equipment. You must use PLUS componants. Yes a DishPro PLUS 44 switch will work but not a DP 34. Your problem with the 522-811-311 install was the 811. That being a High Definition receiver there lies the problem. The 811's software is a whole other beast.
Two 322's are fine or a 322 and two 311's fine. Four 311's fine, however using the seperaters for two 311's requires alot of extra hassle cabling because the seperater winds up in only one room and then it's like running the second room leg from a 322 to the next room. In that situation it is better to leave the seperater outside the house and wrap the house using another wall penetration to the next 311."

LMAO! I'm going to take a copy of what you are saying and put it up at the office for the other techs to laugh at.

Heres a training PDF from DiSH for you to look at. Pay close attention to page 6 about midway through. There it says clearly:

"The DISH Pro Plus separator will only be used with a Dual-tuner receiver. it will not work with 2 single-tuner receivers."

That publication is dated Jan 7, 2006. Unless something has changed in the last 3 months with DISH's separators and IRDs, I doubt that what you are saying is correct.

http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/images/pdf/tech/FSS_115_DISHProPlus_FG.pdf
This is CABL.com posting #165361. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRbh
Posted in reply to: Re: Info by catfish16
There are 2 replies to this message
dpp and 2 single tuners lostintx 4/10/2006 9:59:00 PM
Re: Info catfish16 4/10/2006 2:22:00 AM