Create your free account now! Sign up

Avoiding Lifes Little Surprises

I am not by any means a drinker or partier, but I will indulge in a social cocktail at an event from time to time. I am a light weight, and one drink would definitely impair my ability to drive so I don't! If you re planning to drink at your next event, simply plan ahead. If you are traveling out of town on business and are a gathering where cocktails are served, take a cab. Maybe even encourage others to do the same or share the fare and go as a group. Many Hotels have shuttle service to area bars and restaurants, so ask. In case you forget, tell the cab driver to return at a certain time and give him a nice little tip for incentive...he will come back for you, I promise. Having a safe mode of transportation at the ready is not that difficult to pull off. If a cab or bus are not available, designate a driver or invite a friend along who does not drink. I always think about this for my safety as well as those I am meeting with. It actually makes the time more enjoyable because you know that you took responsibility to make sure of your safety. You don't have to keep thinking I hope I can drive...I can drive...I only had a couple...blah blah blah. A cab ride or the like are much cheaper than 1500.00 fines and jail time, don't you agree?
This is CABL.com posting #165028. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQ5U
Posted in reply to: Re: Dui,Oui,Dwi.... by sdelnay
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Avoiding Lifes Little Surprises sdelnay 4/6/2006 12:42:00 PM
Re: Avoiding Lifes Little Surprises crawl2much 4/6/2006 2:01:00 AM
Re: Avoiding Lifes Little Surprises nrb1 4/6/2006 1:02:00 AM