Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: California pay scale (satellite)

You know thats all good in theroy to say no when they ask for more out of employees and contractors. I donno in my oppinon there is a shortage of techs. Or they just havent found the prime source. For instance I work for the HSP and we are hiring like crazy. Out here they dont do too bad. A job cancels because the customer doesnt want to pay custom work charges there ok with that. I think the reason that is, is because the guy who runs our office once used to be a tech and understand and doesnt let all the added management BS take control. I can't honsitly say a company is at fault for the way techs are treated. For instance I worked in a different location and felt like i was shtd on. For the simple fact only thing that was custom work was a wall fish.

Anyways Directv and Dish Network are the companies that are the bigger problem. The reason I say this is because the other companies can only do soooo much. If directv cuts their pay, than they have to pass the cut onto the tech. AND what company on this earth is gonna say look I decited instead of my installers working for you I am closing shop. Well it doesnt matter if a company stood up or not because another company would come along and employ all those old employees for less. The only way for something to get resolved is if everyone took a stance. for instance if my whole office rebbelled, my company might try to help resolve the issue as much as possible... But beyond what they can do which im pretty sure is not much more, would be up to the big guys. And there are always other companies directv and dish can goto.

Directv keeps saying that the HSP will be the only contract or they try to, BUT they are not stupid. If they got rid of the contractors there would be no competition for the HSP. Than the HSP would be in total control. Doesnt matter how bad the contractors are all they gotta do it threaten to take the contract away pay less and there you go. Becides Directv can always come down to the contractor and say hay look we need you to do it this way because we want you as the HSP. And everybody knows if your the HSP all you gotta do is sit and wait for jobs to come in. No need for advertising or anything. Or even a sales team.

So the point is you can say No all you want but unless everyone is together on a rebel nothing will get done.
This is CABL.com posting #162994. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQy6
Posted in reply to: Re: California pay scale (satellite) by Trey9007
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: California pay scale (satellite) Trey9007 3/8/2006 9:09:00 PM