Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Industry

Hello, StarCommTrey! Even though I agree the Sat. industry has hurt the cable industry. I think you answered out of rose colored glasses. Companies like your employer, Star Communications, did as much to hurt the industry anybody. I am older enough to remember when there were no Mastechs, DyComms and Quantas who bought your company along with many, many others. A contracting company and the local managers would work out the contracts and send the paperwork to corporate and 90% of the time, it was approved. You had local managers who cared that the job was completed right and on time.

That is not the way it works now. If you are working now, the local manager could care less about the contractor or the construction process. Everybody is sent from corporate, construction managers, contractors, etc. The corporate people care only about the bottom line. We are all numbers.

Corporate sets the prices, DyComm takes their 50%, StarComm takes 50% of that, so that leaves around 25% for the crews actually doing the work. Oh yea, they have most of the expenses of, suppling you an insurance certifice, having tools and trucks to keep running and trying to hold on to his labor, who by now have already had there productions or hourly pay cut, because DyComm has a stock holders meeting coming up.

So don't be too quick to blame the satellite industry for all of our problems.
This is CABL.com posting #162067. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQj9
Posted in reply to: Re: The Industry by StarCommTrey!
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: The Industry StarCommTrey! 2/22/2006 7:28:00 PM
Re: The Industry JustinJ 2/22/2006 12:01:00 PM