Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time to get out of DirecTV

I wont go too deep into this. I dont want to be accused of asking your opinon and then dogging you for it. So I will keep this very short.

I think its strange for a person who says they are the one who looks out for installers, to say that its Ok, that companies are breaking the law and mis-classifying them. Its even stranger to hear this same person say "the sub gets a better deal this way". And then to say that you would show the person the door if he demanded he be classified correctly. You legally treat him as an employee, so why not correct your error and make him an employee. Why was that not an option. Your message to him is that if he expects our company to obey the law, he may as well leave.

Wheres the fairness in this? Remember saying workers dont need representation and that an "open door" company policy was suffecient. Well what you posted is exactly the reason I disagree. Its just like I said, pretty sounding nice words with useless meetings because the word of management is final. Company breaks the law, workers steps up to question this, and is told, our way, or the highway. Yeah, real fair.

This is CABL.com posting #162037. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQjF
Posted in reply to: Re: Time to get out of DirecTV by oldschoolgal
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV oldschoolgal 2/21/2006 1:48:00 PM