Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time to get out of DirecTV

I don't have a problem with structure, I just have a problem with this particular situation. I don't want to break the rules, I want simply to have the right to help people out on a case by case basis. I want to be able to communicate openly with people without caring about the reprocussions. Just as the union protects a lo of important issues like favoritism, etc., it also harbors the bottom feeders who ride the hard working guys coat tails.

I like a Family/Team atmosphere, where we respect each other and value each others feelings. By creating an atmosphere like this the playing field is very level, because there is no fear, and lots of trust. Trust and good communication produce long term quality employees. As far as being taken advantage of, yI don't let that happen, I confront it . I will shut an entire office down if it is filled with troublemakers and slackers.

I am sure this does not work well in large corporations all the time, but union or not having a safe venue to troubleshoot, and brainstorm is important to me . You keep calling me a Manager...in a a way, yes, GM Business Development is my official title. I have been accused of lots of things by co-workers, but greedy and uncaring have never come up, usually it is that I am too nice and that I spoil people. I depend on the tech to make a good showing and try his/her best, so we can continue to grow. I know people who would come work with me anytime because I am fair.

I felt totally burned by the Grocery workers union, when I was a member. This was way before my cable years. I have also seen the Hotel workers suffer, the economy suffers greatly when the Teamsters block my Dads trucks at the Port of Long Beach Harbor when they strike (he owns a trucking company), the economy and people suffer when New York Transportation workers shut the city down with a strike at Christmas. I don't like those tactics.

I know all the grocery workers here wanted was to go back to work, many lost their homes and cars. Recently it was fond that Ralphs grocery stores hired union managers in other stores to keep them opened, while the workers stood out in the cold facing bankruptcy. That strike was about what 4-6 months long. There has to be a better way Trey, don't you think?
This is CABL.com posting #161711. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQep
Posted in reply to: Re: Time to get out of DirecTV by Trey9007
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV Trey9007 2/16/2006 6:47:00 PM
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV Trey9007 2/16/2006 6:36:00 PM