Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time to get out of DirecTV

OSG, I know you said you were done with this subject, so I don't expect a reply. But just do me one little favor. Click on this link
http://www.cwa9400.com/Documents/ADT%20CONTRACT%202003-2006.doc

I want you to take note to a few things. First, notice that the union is not the only name on this contract. Its is an agreement between the union and the company, not a bunch of rules made up by the union. This is the result good faith bargaining. Next, read the part about Mutual Interest, then read articles 2 and 21.

Also take into consideration if a worker wants to dispute something about the contract with company, he is not required to have the union by his side. Its their choice. Also keep in mind about Beck rights which gives workers a say on how and where they want their dues to go. I dont know where you get your info from. Maybe you are too oldschool, and dont realize things have changed. But the things you say are just not true. Maybe they used to be true, but they aren't now.

What is so offensive to you about cable/sat workers being able to bargain together and not beg as individuals. We are all individuals but we are part of some kind od group. I dont see how one can loose anything by being part of an organization that votes on pretty much everything. Granted when the rank and file stops being involved and 9 out 200 people attend union meetings things have a good chance of going wrong. But even then you can vote people out of office, hell you can vote a whole union out. So I dont really see any validity in what you say, and believe me Im trying. Really, I am. I

So take a look at the things I mentioned and PM me if you will.
This is CABL.com posting #161275. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP7n
Posted in reply to: Re: Time to get out of DirecTV by oldschoolgal
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV oldschoolgal 2/13/2006 1:40:00 PM