Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time to get out of DirecTV

Thanks! I was just discussing this in a meeting. If you give a guy enough rope.........you know the rest. You guys are placing yourselves out of the market with your bullying, and special treatment demands. If you join the union now, you will sit home a lot...then how much will you make an hour? Well, they may have you go to job sites and try to bully guys who are trying to work because you are bitter about not getting the project. Business representatives are tired of shenanigans that waste valuable time and money. Where is it written that the workers can easily access their training credentials for testing etc? Let the individual leave and try to start his own business, your credentials become property of the union, see what happens then, are we still Brothers? Someone wrote about that, I hear about it everyday. A union needs workers dues to pay fat salaries to the organizers and lawyers, not to mention the fines for the strikes and other illegal practices. When you are done paying the dues, how much do you make an hour? Of coarse that is all unwritten. If you like being a robot who is told when to breath by a union Stuart, you may love to join., If you enjoy your freedoms....don't do it! Oh, if you don't mind, we still would like to know who you are. Dont you want people to join you? How can they believe anything you say when we don't even know who you are? I know a lot of people who thank you in advance for allowing us to see your contract. Are you one of those Union guys who stands at the door of the supply house and prevents independents from coming in until after 10:00, how much does it cost you to pay the guys at the counter to go along with it? If you are such a wonderful organization why aren't you more pleasant with independents? They represent potential revenue from dues. If you were nicer, you may get more members, and we wouldn't have as much ammo to call you lazy. who has all day to hang round the wholesale houses and eat donuts? Don't you have a job to get to? No, not my job site, your own. I wonder sometimes where you guys actually go besides those to places and the picket lines. Why do you guys isolate people who are not part of your group when unions were supposedly formed to take care of workers? I guess you only take care of workers who have the time on their hands to assist you in these scare tactics. You are missing out on people who produce an honest days work....but thats not what you guys are looking for...is it?
This is CABL.com posting #161172. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP5I
Posted in reply to: Re: Time to get out of DirecTV by Trey9007
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV uboatcmdr 2/10/2006 4:12:00 PM
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV Gwester843 2/10/2006 1:42:00 PM
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV FUNNYFARM 2/10/2006 1:36:00 PM