Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Hold times

Thats why when I did installs, and now I tell my techs, to use the customers phone when calling Dispatch/TAC. One thing you could do is use the customers phone to register the equipment, then close all your jobs out at the end of the day, when you're at home, and you can use your home phone to call, while your kickin' back a cold one. The other thing you can do...and I know this is a long shot....but find someone in the organization that actually thinks. Someone who has a brain in their skull. The chances of you actually finding someone like this are slim, but I was able to do it, and am still friends with this person to this day. And i tell ya, it really helps to get stuff done quick.

One last thought, is that you can befriend some dispatcher - it's not hard - just a little social skills and a little BS are all it takes - and get that persons cell phone number, and just call that when you need to close a job out. I used to do that - get my dispatcher-friends cell phone number, give her a call when I had a job to close out, let it ring twice, and she'd call me back within 5 minutes to get the job closed out. It works wonders!

It was then that Caroline remembered her kitchen back in Montana, with a stove that she might or might not have turned off, and so with a heavy sigh, she put down the penguin.
This is CABL.com posting #161169. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP5F
Posted in reply to: Hold times by bushmaster
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Hold times RadioMan 2/10/2006 11:47:00 PM