Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Thats the American Way

trey,
here you go asking what people think again.
i will remind you that you are asking, so when some one posts something you don't like, don't try to debate or correct them.

and i'll go 1st. i think unions were and are ok for the factories and construction and all the other places where they are and have been needed. just because you have some whiners in this industry doesn't mean that we need on.
you say you want highr pay? heres an idea do your job!or better yet do it right the first time.
heres another novel idea, try actualy being an installer and do the WHOLE install as agreed when you signed the contract for the price you agreed.
see, heres the thing, oganized labor is great in some fields.but, this industry was built by the contractors.
now before you go googling some more union material, you need to look at this fact. this industry was doing good and growing before all this msp/hsp crap.and why was that? CONTRACTORS !!
and while we are on the subject of HSP's,what the hell?
i've checked some out. let's see here.oldschool complains about them, you do and so do a few others.
heres what i saw!!!
you get a company vehicle,gas,tools as needed, hourly rate, anything over 40 is overtime,health insurance,you don't have to provide business insurance,your gas,your vehicle,your tools,your vehicle comercial insurance.and being a seasoned tech, you get a pay rate of about 13-15 an hour.what the hell is wrong with you.
this ain't good enough?
you want better treatment?do your damn job!!!!!!!
it seems there is a sissy factor here.
and heres another interesting fact,
most of the guys crying union, are disgruntal employees who have a bad work history or ethics already and have not been in the industry long enough to a bug nut from a trailor ground clamp.
and this is why i feel the union would open a flood gate for more incompidence.
This is CABL.com posting #158736. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPsq
Posted in reply to: Re: Thats the American Way by Trey9007
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Thats the American Way Trey9007 1/2/2006 1:55:00 AM
Re: Thats the American Way oldschooldbstech 1/1/2006 4:30:00 PM