Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Thats the American Way

Hey Sumahit,

What's wrong with being told we are limited to a hourly wage of $15 when I made $50,000 annually prior. To top it all off they would not give us a 40 hour guarantee at that rate. Sumahit, you may like selling yourself short, or perhaps you enjoy being bellittled by your employer, but not this dawg.

I have Bruister's number if you think they would be so great to work for. You would even get a $500 sign on bonus to boot. But, before you call them up you may to know a couple of more facts:

(A) you will work 5 days a week at a 40 maximum (no OT unless OK'd by your mangr which happens occasionally)

(B) Your 5 day work week will begin on Friday and end on Tuesday.

(C) You will do free wallfishes whenever need be to run a phone line, even if the customer doesn't want the line ran.

(D) Be prepared at every holiday off to be faxed the day before informing you that you will be working. (Sorry kids, daddy can't go to _________ {fill in your family activity} as promised. But, I will make $104 before taxes.

(E) As a employee with a company van, you will go where ever they want. I talked to buddies who worked after Dennis and Katrina and all they got was a small $15-$20 per diem and OT after 40 hours. They were told to go to the gulf and leave their families for two weeks at a time, or else hit the road.

Hell Sumahit, Bruister may be the best thing that has ever happened to you, if your into that sorta thing.

This is CABL.com posting #158738. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPss
Posted in reply to: Re: Thats the American Way by sumahit
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Thats the American Way sumahit 1/1/2006 8:46:00 PM
Re: Thats the American Way N2cable 1/1/2006 6:28:00 PM
Re: Thats the American Way voices 1/1/2006 5:22:00 PM