Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Trey here is how I see it!

Lahm, If a worker is late everyday, his supervisor has every right in the world to take action. If the shop stewart gets involved, which is his job, it will be because that tardy employee has excercised his right to due process. If the shop steward did not get involved people would say he is not doing his job. Its just his day in court, so to speak. Its his right. You see contracts have a "just cause" article. This is the language that says if the company is to fire an employee they must have just cause. So all the manager has to do is prove he was late, you know show a time card or however time is tracked. There is no way to stop this person for loosing his job, if he really was late like you say. But if you say he kept his job, can you tell us how this was possible. It seems as you seem to think that it was just because he was union. So again tell us what this shop steward did to keep this persons job.

You can be an owner of a company, and a union worker. If its in 2 different companies. You cant be an owner of a company and then be a part of the union. But if you are a union plumber, for example, and own your own bait and tackle shop, there no issue there.

As far as paying dues while not working. Thats probably the most difficut thing in the world to do. But as a member you knew that was required when you joined, didnt you? And you were also told why, werent you? You did know something about this orginization you joined, didnt you? Im all for letting the truth be known. But I guess they hid all this information from you before you joined. Tell us. And if you were somehow forced to join, as people say, why didnt you excercise your right to work for less, or your Beck rights. Tell us. Tell the whole story.

This is CABL.com posting #158674. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPrq
Posted in reply to: Re: Trey here is how I see it! by lahm
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Trey here is how I see it! lahm 1/1/2006 2:45:00 AM
Re: Trey here is how I see it! sumahit 12/31/2005 5:12:00 PM