Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Trey here is how I see it!

Oldschool and Trey I have to add my 2 cents into this because I was a Union member for many years. Unions were "GREAT" at 1 time but just like anything else it gets corrupt and it forgets the reason it was started. I am 110% against any organization like a union that chargers members dues who are out of work. Operating engineerings are a perfect example for those who don't know who they are it's the guys that run the bulldozers etc. When guys get laid off for a lack of work or what ever reason they still have to pay dues is this far while the Business Agents still get theirs? Don't pay your dues your out even if you haven't worked in months nice union? Trey you say management controlls what happens to the workers...not true. The union controlls what happens to the workers. Management can't just get rid of a guy for say he's constantly late because there is someone called a shop stewart how gets involved when a situation happens between management and employee. Shop stewert will defend the worker no matter if he knows what he did was wrong because that's just the way it is. I've seen that too many times in my business not only when I was a card carrying member for many years but also as an employer having to deal with the Union BS. 1 more thing Trey tell me why an owner can't belong in a Union that he was a member for so many years just because he started his own company? Oldschool I think that there is a way to weed out these fly by night companies. I think that is the MSO would require the companies to out up a proforamce/payment bond 100% of these fly by night companies would be gone. Oldschool that's just my opinion.
This is CABL.com posting #158661. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPrd
Posted in reply to: Re: Trey here is how I see it! by oldschoolgal
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Trey here is how I see it! oldschooldbstech 12/31/2005 4:19:00 PM
Re: Trey here is how I see it! Trey9007 12/31/2005 1:14:00 PM