Create your free account now! Sign up

What can you do to help a friend? Vets, and heart

I am sitting here in front of my computer, and cant really express myself very well right now. I came to you guys, because I know a lot of you are Veterans, and have wives, or family members that work in the the Health care Industry so here goes....one of my closest friends called me in tears about an hour ago. She was recently diagnosed with Diabetes. My 10 year old daughter also has this disease so we turn to each other a lot for support. I taught her and her family how to give her shots, what to eat, what the numbers mean, all that good stuff. Well anyway I am used to being the one that can make it OK, and I don't know what to do for her right now. She called crying, and told me her doctor just called with some test results that indicate she has two endure a double amputation. I want to help her, I want to make her feel that she will be OK, and I don't know what to do or say, or where to go. Since this site has people from all over the US and Canada, I figured at least one of you would have some advice. I started to look at websites, but I need to know what to ask, where to go, I want the perspective of people who have been there, not some medical mumbo-jumbo. How I can get some financial and psychological support for her and her family? She is only 36, and has three children 13 and under. How can I be a good friend to her? What should I say and do? Any advise would be great. Please don't attack me right now for coming here, this is off topic, and I really mean this with all of my heart.

Thanks in Advance,
Gal
This is CABL.com posting #158619. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPqx
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: What can you do to help a friend? Vets, and h debi bauer 12/31/2005 1:51:00 PM
Re: What can you do to help a friend? Vets, and h FrzFram1 12/30/2005 11:26:00 PM