Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What can you do to help a friend? Vets, and h

I'm truly sorry to hear about your friend, and I don't want to try to put myself in your position. Here's the but. But, I would try to speak first to the doctor to find out exactly what your friend's medical condition is. I sometimes find that even difficult circumstances are made a lot better by having enough practical information. You can't help if you don't know what the problem is.

When you talk to her doctor, ask these same questions. If your friend is having financial difficulties, there are places you can turn. Chances are, the doctor or the hospital can put you in touch with someone.

After you find out, at least you will be in a better position to care for her physical needs. Probably the most difficult part will be the psychological effects on her. Sometimes it's best to not say anything, just be there. If the medical diagnosis has already been made, and is unavoidable, your friend is going to need a lot of emotional support. While you have to plan in advance for her physical needs, you may have to take the emotional needs one day at a time.

Please stop in again and let us know how this works out. And let your friend know a lot of people out here care about her, even though we don't know her.
This is CABL.com posting #158655. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPq7
Posted in reply to: What can you do to help a friend? Vets, and heart by oldschoolgal
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: What can you do to help a friend? Vets, and h oldschoolgal 1/3/2006 7:28:00 PM