Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Trey....what is your real name????

Out of curiousity, what dont you feel is honorable about my postings. I try my hardest to present facts. So to hear you say my post are not honorable is disturbing to me. I have asked you numerous of times to just point out what you see is wrong with my posting.

But this is what I see is wrong with your posting. You mention that people fear being forced to strike near christmas, fine. But what you fail to mention is union contracts have start and end dates. They are ususally 3-5 years. And in the contracts are "No strike Clauses". This is a clause that says the union will not strike , during the life of the agreement. Now what this means is that all problems will be solved by using the problem resolution language in the contract (grievance & arbitration). This also means that there can be no strike until the contract is over and up for renegotiation. Which means everyone knows theres only 1 time a strike is probable, after the contract expires. Most people know to hold off on maijor purchases during the year the contract is due to expire. Not to mention that no one is forced to strike. It is voted on by the membership. With all this you have more than enough time to prepare yourself for a possible strike. No one likes striking. It should only be used as a last resort. And most times it is.

You mention some truthful things. All suits arent bad. But all arent good either. Bad employess union or non-union can be removed. A bad suit most times cant. And yes it is very good to have good dialogue between employer and employee. But whats wrong with putting it in writing. All a union contract does it take all those things you speak of and put it in writing. A legal contract. How many times have installers been promised something, but dont get it. Too many. Something as simple as being paid for work performed is a lost art.

But please, come out and tell me what is so dis-honorable about my posts. As you never do, you just say Im bad and never say why. Unless you think Im bad because I, like many others here, dont fill out their profile. If Im bad for that, so be it. If theres more, say it. Dont hold back, as if I had to tell you.......
This is CABL.com posting #158559. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPpz
Posted in reply to: Re: Trey....what is your real name???? by oldschoolgal
There is 1 reply to this message
Hold off major purchases....please!!!! oldschoolgal 12/30/2005 5:14:00 PM