Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Internet Speeds

So I guess what I"m really after is this. The network must grow people eat up bandwidth like its free,my personal system just doesn't satisfy me on speed issues and more importantly it satisfy some of my customers,so here goes. I'm operating a 450mghz GI system (sj) forward channel 459 mghz (swept out well 2.5 pv or so at 18 amps) return channel 25mghz. 170 modems provisioned at 2meg down 256 up,3 t-1s noise levels usually around -28db at router. It seems that the speeds are just not there,average about 7-800kbps down the upstream speeds are fine. I know the noise could be better but the noise was in this area when we first fired up and we were meeting the speed so what am I missing? Do I need another forward channel, as I'm thinking if so I'm in trouble were loaded out 62 channels now with the fm used up also and with the cost of t-1s, extra labor this internet stuff doesn't make the money it should for the effort. One thing I'm doing is building fiber out and placing nodes at the end or middle of my longer cascades but I feel this is a stopgap and wont do much for the majority of my subs being fed out of the headend just moving subs to a different port on the router.I was told I could run 200 subs on one t-1 but in todays bandwidth hungry envirement I don't believe that, so how in the ###%%% can Comcast afford to offer 6megs?
This is CABL.com posting #157292. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mO48
Posted in reply to: Re: Internet Speeds by Emerger
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Internet Speeds mkey 12/11/2005 2:27:00 PM
Re: Internet Speeds Emerger 12/9/2005 9:22:00 PM