Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Feelings on Union

sumahit, you are wrong when you say all union contractshave the 3 strike rules. And most times when it is in place it is for minor things. Thw 3 strikes thing or anything else is standard. Everything is baegained for in a contract, you dont get anything just because you are a union. If you want I can direct you to a few contracts on line and you can see for yourself.

You are half right when you say no union member can be disciplined without his union rep there. The truth is union employees have "weingarten rights". These rights can be goggled if you want see if I am correct on what Im about to say. These rights say that yes union members have a right to union representation. But the key is they have to ask. If they dont ask the company is not obligated to notify the rep and can continue with the discipline meeting. But if the member requests it anytime during the meeting the meeting must stop until the member has representation. This is federal law, so must companies notify the reps before they meet with members. Do you think this is a bad thing? Whats wrong with having the right to representation.

Now I know you think the 3 strike thing is normal, why I dont know. But lets say it is. You say it will cause for a large amount of screw ups and call ins. Well all the light, phone,gas, and construction companies are union but they dont seem to have this problem. But again the 3 strike thing is FAR from automatic when bargaining a contract. But I will say that it seems pretty common in non-union companies. Why no complaints about them using it. Probably because even though they say you have 3 strikes, they give you 1 or 2 because theres no contract in place. Sounds real fair.

This is CABL.com posting #156710. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOVK
Posted in reply to: Re: Feelings on Union by sumahit
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Feelings on Union sumahit 11/30/2005 2:05:00 AM